Monday, April 13, 2009

Okay, so Brooklyn is mighty awesome.

I first made the mistake of getting off at the wrong subway stop, in which I walked five blocks being the ONLY WHITE PERSON IN SIGHT. Turns out I had accidently ended up in the projects again (called Lafayette Gardens, who woulda guessed that housed poor people?), and my Aunty was scared for my life when my phone died and I wasn't picking up. It also turns out that the projects I wandered into was not far from the birth site of my idol, the Notorious B.I.G., therefore the journey full of mean glares and womanizing comments was TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!! :)

I went to this bad-ass tea house, with 100+ tea choices, and ended up drinking the best green tea since Japan, a white peach tea, and a peppermint black tea. FUCKING ONO AS THEY WOULD SAY IN DA AINA! I wish I took pictures, but then again that would just be pictures of tea..which is boring.

Then we went to this bar in Williamsburg (hipsters off the heezy), which didn't card me. I think it was the red lipstick. Whatever. Still awesome. I had about 4 beers and a rum and coke which had far too much coke, but did the trick none the less. It made the windy, cold walk back to the apartment completely possible. I wish I got pictures of that as well, but then again that would just be more pictures of me drunk..which is not what I need.


This is sunny Brooklyn! See the tree with budding leaves? I love it. It has been 3 months since I've seen leaves on a tree, and these little buds are building so much suspense. Full on Spring is due in a couple of weeks, and I can't wait to be warm again. Seriously.


Here is the most beautiful bridge in all of New York, the Brooklyn Bridge.


And here is the most beautiful city in the world, from the most beautiful bridge.


And here is Little Italy, where I've traveled the ghetto and beyond, from the top of a musuem.


And here is a cute dog.

Then it was home for Spicy Indian Potatoes and Zucchini Cakes, made me yours truly. I also baked a Guiness Chocolate Cake. Which TASTED AWESOME.

Other than that, I'm back up in Purchase. I have a shitload of work to do by the end of the week, so I probably shouldn't blog.

Other other than that...I miss Hawaii. Totally throwing a Luau party when I get back..cheeeeeh

Love,
V

1 comment: